Brothers and Sisters:
You can still get our Short-Term, Long-Term and Life Insurance coverages! Enroll here or call 224-770-5305 to enroll/get questions answered.
Without these new benefits, you could face a financial crisis if you cannot work due to illness, injury or death…COVID-19 is also a covered illness under this plan!
You are guaranteed approved for these voluntary coverages, but you must take action to get enrolled.
Si hablas español llama a Cornerstone para asistencia 224-770-5305
IBEW Local 278 Paycheck Protection
CONTINUE GETTING PAID IF YOU’RE UNABLE TO WORK DUE TO ILLNESS, INJURY, OR DEATH
Illness, Injury, and Death Are The #1 Cause of Bankruptcy & Foreclosure In America. Take Control of Financially Protecting Yourself and Your Loved Ones!
Time Left to Enroll
Is What You Currently Have Enough?
IBEW Local 278 members who are covered by the Local 278 health plan have a $350/week Short-Term Disability benefit that pays for 26 weeks. If your paycheck is normally $1,000/week and you get sick or injured, you would receive $350 in weekly benefits. That leaves an income gap of $650/week or 65% of your weekly income. If you missed work for 6 weeks, that is an income loss of $3,900. Currently apprentices and members enrolled in the sub health plan have no paycheck protection if they were to suffer a disabling sickness or injury.
The Local 278 health plan does not offer Long-Term Disability and there is only a $10,000 Life Insurance benefit for members.
These new Paycheck Protection Benefits are being offered to help you protect you income when you cannot work due to unforeseen injury, illness, or death.
Continued Income When Your Paycheck Stops Due To Injury, Illness or Death!
Plan Information Overview
- Short-Term Disability (STD) pays for up to 24 Weeks
- Long-Term Disability (LTD) pays for up to 2 or 5 years
- Life Insurance w/ AD&D for Member, Spouse, and/or Child(ren)
No medical tests, questions, or underwriting to enroll; no active working member of the IBEW Local 278 can be denied coverage!
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Disability FAQ
It is important to understand that these Life and Disability benefits DO cover COVID-19 (Coronavirus) in the event that you contract the virus and cannot work (to include being quarantined after being diagnosed with COVID-19) or pass away as a result of the virus.
Furthermore, if you experience a work stoppage due to COVID-19 and are not actively working on the effective date of coverage; you can still enroll, be covered on the effective date of coverage and continue being covered while out of work through July 31st, 2020 as long as premiums are paid.
The below list provides the main parameters a member’s claim must meet in order to be eligible to file a claim for the Coronavirus. However, there may be other factors that would impact a Coronavirus claim.
- Only cases of the Coronavirus that are medically diagnosed and documented by a medical professional would constitute as eligible for benefits
- Members who are quarantined due to testing positive for Coronavirus would be eligible for benefits
- Members who are quarantined as a preventative measure and do not have an official Coronavirus diagnosis by a medical professional would not be eligible for benefits, including, but not limited to;
- Jobsite shutdowns for preventative measures
- Furloughs, layoffs, etc.
- Care for a loved one who has been diagnosed or exposed
- The normal waiting period still applies, so the member needs to be held out of work by a medical professional for longer than their waiting period in order to be eligible
Members enrolling for coverage now, but who do not yet have effective coverage, would not have an eligible Coronavirus claim if:
- The member enrolls now for a future coverage effective date and already has a medically diagnosed case of Coronavirus or has seen their doctor for signs/symptoms of the Coronavirus
- The member’s coverage is not effective and in force prior to seeing a medical professional or being diagnosed
Please call us at 224-770-5305 for more information.